Summer is coming - and you've been drinking beer, eating comfort foods, and basically hibernating under sweaters for the last 6 months. Soon, it will be warm, and you will be bikini clad.
How do you get your winter self ready for summer? Keep reading for Pura Vida Body's best Beach Body Tips, and embrace the sunshine and ditch the sweater (and beer - it's mojito season now!)!
How to Get Beach Body Ready for Summer
Fill Your Diet with Anti-Bloating Foods
You don't need to hit the gym every day to look more toned and fresh. Small quick fixes can help. Often, what you eat can cause your body to bloat more than normal, especially if you like salty foods. Cut back on the salt to avoid excess bloat, and enjoy a few more of the following to naturally shape up without having to break a sweat:
- Celery - This crunchy green veggie acts as a natural digestive aid, and can help regulate bowel movements and gas. It contains fluid decreasing chemicals, and has a high concentration of water, which helps flush the body of toxins.
- Yogurt - Live culture yogurt helps sooth the stomach and help reduce bloating. Add your favorite fruit, or melon, for a delicious bloat-fighting snack.
- Turmeric - A natural anti-inflammatory, try throwing some turmeric into a soup or curry dish to reduce stomach bloat and irritation.
- Water - This may seem like a no-brainer, but most of us aren't drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water a day. Water flushes out toxins, and helps detox the body of excessive salt - bye bye bloaty.
- Rosemary - This helpful herb helps with headaches, heartburn, and high-blood pressure. It's also a natural solution to fighting gas...throw it on chicken, fish, or your favorite veg.
Neda, of Healthy With Nedi, gets Bikini Ready with Pura Vida Body's Organic Coffee Scrub
Work It Out with a Bikini Work Out
Speed up the bikini beach body ready process by adding a special work out routine to your normal exercises. The goal is to burn fat, and learn out your muscles. Whether you are a gym freak or not, you can do simple at home workouts to get ready for summer.
Try this 30 minute, 3 workout a week, routine from Women's Health:
Model, @klaudia_kovac, gets Bikini ready with Pura Vida Body's Organic Coffee Scrub
Tone with a Coffee Scrub
Once you've got your diet in check, your workout routine going, and you're feeling good, add a regular coffee scrub to your bikini ready routine.
Coffee scrub helps to tone and sooth your skin, and helps eliminate cellulite. By gently scrubbing once a day with coffee scrub, you remove dead skin cells, which make your skin look dull and grey. Coffee is a natural anti-inflammatory, and when you use it to scrub, the caffeine helps bring blood to the surface of your skin. This stimulates the top layer of skin, helping to boost circulation. More circulation = less cellulite and stretch marks.
Use an organic coffee scrub to ensure you use the healthiest ingredients, and avoid adding extra toxins to your body. Pura Vida Body's organic coffee scrub is all natural, cruelty free, ecologically friendly, and made from the finest ingredients. Your body will be soothed with 100% organic extra virgin coconut oil and scrubbed with organic coffee, sea salt, and sugar. No nasty artificial ingredients, fragrances, or filler oils.
Scrub once a day with our organic coconut coffee scrub for 3 weeks, to tone, buff, and brighten your skin.
Have your own bikini ready tips? Let us know!